April 9th, 2012 by Ian
Believe it or not, I am still alive! If you guys want to see me review teas more regularly I strongly suggest you go over to my Steepster where I try to review a tea everyday. I have been drinking tea in my absence (who hasn’t?!) and I regret that I haven’t gotten around to reviewing any! I have a post started on Teavivre’s Ripened Pu-erh Touchas and I will get around to finishing it one day!!!!!
In the meantime, here is a playlist I created a while ago that I like to listen to when I sit back and relax with a cup of tea. This is pretty long so you’ll have a long time to sit back with a nice tisane in hand and just close your eyes, sip, and listen!
- Angel Echoes-Four Tet
- Holocene-Bon Iver
- The Temptation of Adam-Josh Ritter
- Braille-Regina Spektor
- Hospital Beds (Cold War Kids Cover)-Florence + the Machine
- What Have I Done-Anna Ternheim
- East Harlem-Beirut
- VCR-The xx
- Generator^First Floor-Freelance Whales
- Quelqu’un m’a dit-Carla Bruni
- Wash.-Bon Iver
- Oh My God-St. Vincent
- Parentheses-The Antlers
- The Suburbs (Arcade Fire Cover)-Mr. Little Jeans
- Comptine d’un autrue été – L’après-midi-Yann Tiersen
- Now My Feet Won’t Touch the Ground-Coldplay
- Your New Twin Sized Bed-Death Cab for Cutie
- Video Games-Lana Del Rey
- Icicle Tusk-Fleet Foxes
- Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso in A Minor, Op. 28-Camille Saint-Saëns
- Far Nearer-Jamie xx
- RIP Burn Face-CocoRosie
- Spanish Sahara-Foals
- I Can’t Make You Love Me / Nick of Time-Bon Iver
- Breathe Me-Sia
- Black and Gold-Katy Perry
Listen on Youtube
Image Credit (with some editing by me)
Enjoy and drink on!
March 10th, 2012 by Ian
I just wanted to take a second for apologizing for the lack of posts I’ve had! I’m back in school from my winter break and I’ve been super busy, but I am going to try to get my first review post up tonight!
March 6th, 2012 by Ian
Hello everyone! I’d like to welcome you to my new blog here on TeaTrade. I think a proper way to introduce this blog will be to introduce both me and introduce you all to the concept of the blog!
So to start off, I’ll introduce myself!
My name is Ian and I’m 15 years old and live in Northwest Vermont. I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember but I’ve been drinking loose leaf tea since late 2010 (so a little over a year now). I drink a lot of teas from around the spectrum, but my favorites are (unflavored) black teas, though I like them all. When it comes to flavors, I like lighter and sweeter flavors (like fruit, chocolate, etc.) and I’m also a fan of Earl Grey’s. When it comes to tisanes I’m drawn more to fruit teas and alternatives to conventional tea (like mate and rooibos). My interests outside of the tea world are vast. I’m a huge supporter of/participant in the arts. I play clarinet (I have for 5 years now) and I love it. I’m also interested in art history, which brings about my love for the visual arts. I also dabble in photography (view my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ienjoytea/).
So, now on to the other part of this introduction. This blog!
The goal of this blog is to connect tea with the arts in sort of a synesthesial way. This means I’ll be connecting teas with various aspects of art such as writing, visual art (painting, sculpture, etc.), music, and movies. Examples of this could include:
- A painting that the tea I’m drinking reminds me of
- A downloadable playlist of music that I listen to when I drink tea
- A movie to watch a tea with
- A journey through the book I’m reading and the tea I’m drinking
- Movies, literature, and other arts that deal with tea
The main goal is to get tea to go beyond the formal taste aspect and connect with the other senses.
I hope you enjoy and I look forward to starting!